Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
How does a flexible coupling deal with backlash and torsional stiffness?
A flexible coupling deals with backlash and torsional stiffness in the following ways:
- Backlash: Backlash refers to the play or clearance between mating teeth in mechanical systems. In certain couplings, such as gear couplings, some degree of backlash is unavoidable due to the space between the teeth. However, flexible couplings with elastomeric or beam-type elements typically have minimal to no backlash. The flexibility of these elements allows them to maintain continuous contact and transmit torque smoothly without any gaps or play between components.
- Torsional Stiffness: Torsional stiffness is the ability of a coupling to resist rotational deformation or twisting under torque. It is essential to have adequate torsional stiffness in some applications to ensure accurate motion transmission and responsiveness. Flexible couplings exhibit a balance between torsional stiffness and flexibility. While they allow for a degree of angular and parallel misalignment, they still possess sufficient torsional stiffness to transmit most of the torque efficiently. This characteristic helps maintain the precision of motion control systems and prevents power losses due to deformation.
The design and materials used in flexible couplings contribute to their ability to address both backlash and torsional stiffness effectively. Here are some key features:
- Elastomeric Elements: Couplings with elastomeric elements, such as rubber or polyurethane, provide excellent flexibility to absorb misalignments and dampen vibrations. They also exhibit minimal backlash as the elastomeric material maintains continuous contact between the coupling components.
- Beam-Type Couplings: Beam-type couplings use thin metal beams to transmit torque. These couplings offer high torsional stiffness while still accommodating misalignments. The beams can flex slightly under torque, absorbing shocks and compensating for misalignment without compromising torsional rigidity.
- Composite Couplings: Some flexible couplings use composite materials that combine the advantages of different materials to achieve specific performance characteristics. These composites can offer low backlash and precise torsional stiffness, making them suitable for demanding applications.
- High-Quality Manufacturing: The precision manufacturing of flexible couplings ensures that components fit together with minimal clearances, reducing backlash. Additionally, high-quality materials contribute to better torsional stiffness and overall performance.
Overall, flexible couplings strike a balance between flexibility to accommodate misalignments and sufficient torsional stiffness to transmit torque efficiently. By effectively addressing backlash and torsional stiffness, these couplings contribute to the smooth and reliable operation of various mechanical systems.
Can flexible couplings be used in pumps, compressors, and fans?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in pumps, compressors, and fans, and they are commonly employed in these types of rotating machinery. Flexible couplings offer several advantages that make them suitable for such applications:
- Misalignment Compensation: Pumps, compressors, and fans often experience misalignments due to various factors, such as thermal expansion, foundation settling, or component wear. Flexible couplings can accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignments, helping to maintain proper alignment between the driving and driven components.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings help dampen vibrations in rotating machinery, which is essential for smooth operation and reduced wear on components. In pumps, compressors, and fans, vibration control is crucial to prevent premature failure and maintain reliable performance.
- Shock Load Absorption: These rotating machines may encounter shock loads during startup or shutdown, especially in reciprocating equipment like reciprocating pumps or compressors. Flexible couplings can absorb and mitigate the impact of such loads, protecting the connected equipment from damage.
- Reduced Maintenance: Flexible couplings with elastomeric elements or other self-lubricating features require minimal maintenance, leading to cost savings and reduced downtime in pumps, compressors, and fans.
- Energy Efficiency: Certain flexible coupling designs, such as beam couplings or certain elastomeric couplings, have low mass and inertia. This characteristic helps improve the energy efficiency of rotating machinery, which is particularly beneficial in large-scale pumps, compressors, and fans used in industrial applications.
- Adaptability: Pumps, compressors, and fans often have varying operating conditions and load profiles. Flexible couplings are adaptable to different operating environments, making them suitable for diverse applications.
In summary, flexible couplings offer several performance-enhancing features that make them well-suited for use in pumps, compressors, and fans. Their ability to accommodate misalignment, dampen vibrations, absorb shocks, and reduce maintenance requirements contributes to improved reliability, efficiency, and longevity of the connected rotating machinery.
What are the advantages of using flexible couplings in mechanical systems?
Flexible couplings offer several advantages in mechanical systems, making them essential components in various applications. Here are the key advantages of using flexible couplings:
- Misalignment Compensation: One of the primary advantages of flexible couplings is their ability to compensate for shaft misalignment. In mechanical systems, misalignment can occur due to various factors such as installation errors, thermal expansion, or shaft deflection. Flexible couplings can accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission and reducing stress on the connected equipment and shafts.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings act as damping elements, absorbing and dissipating vibrations and shocks generated during operation. This feature helps to reduce noise, protect the equipment from excessive wear, and enhance overall system reliability and performance.
- Torsional Flexibility: Flexible couplings provide torsional flexibility, allowing them to handle slight angular and axial deflections. This capability protects the equipment from sudden torque fluctuations, shock loads, and torque spikes, ensuring smoother operation and preventing damage to the machinery.
- Overload Protection: In case of sudden overloads or torque spikes, flexible couplings can absorb and distribute the excess torque, protecting the connected equipment and drivetrain from damage. This overload protection feature prevents unexpected failures and reduces downtime in critical applications.
- Reduce Wear and Maintenance: By compensating for misalignment and damping vibrations, flexible couplings help reduce wear on the connected equipment, bearings, and seals. This results in extended component life and reduced maintenance requirements, leading to cost savings and improved system reliability.
- Compensation for Thermal Expansion: In systems exposed to temperature variations, flexible couplings can compensate for thermal expansion and contraction, maintaining proper alignment and preventing binding or excessive stress on the equipment during temperature changes.
- Electric Isolation: Some types of flexible couplings, such as disc couplings, offer electrical isolation between shafts. This feature is beneficial in applications where galvanic corrosion or electrical interference between connected components needs to be minimized.
- Space and Weight Savings: Flexible couplings often have compact designs and low inertia, which is advantageous in applications with space constraints and where minimizing weight is crucial for performance and efficiency.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Flexible couplings are generally cost-effective solutions for power transmission and motion control, especially when compared to more complex and expensive coupling types. Their relatively simple design and ease of installation contribute to cost savings.
In summary, flexible couplings play a vital role in mechanical systems by providing misalignment compensation, vibration damping, overload protection, and torsional flexibility. These advantages lead to improved system performance, reduced wear and maintenance, and enhanced equipment reliability, making flexible couplings a preferred choice in various industrial, automotive, marine, and aerospace applications.
editor by CX 2023-08-16