Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Can flexible couplings accommodate variable operating conditions and loads?
Yes, flexible couplings are designed to accommodate variable operating conditions and loads in mechanical systems. They offer several features that allow them to adapt to changing conditions and handle different loads effectively. Below are the reasons why flexible couplings are well-suited for such applications:
Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings can handle misalignment between shafts, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. This capability allows them to accommodate slight shifts in shaft positions that may occur due to thermal expansion, vibration, or other factors, ensuring smooth operation even in changing conditions.
Shock and Vibration Absorption: Flexible couplings can dampen shocks and vibrations that result from sudden changes in load or operating conditions. The flexible element in the coupling acts as a buffer, absorbing and reducing the impact of sudden loads or transient forces, protecting connected equipment and increasing system reliability.
Variable Load Capacity: Flexible couplings come in various designs and materials, each with its load capacity range. Manufacturers provide different coupling models with varying load capacities to accommodate different applications. Properly selecting the right coupling for the specific load conditions ensures reliable power transmission even under varying loads.
Compensation for Thermal Expansion: Temperature changes can cause thermal expansion in mechanical systems, leading to shaft misalignment. Flexible couplings can handle the resulting misalignment, compensating for thermal expansion and ensuring continuous and smooth power transmission.
Torsional Stiffness: Flexible couplings are designed with a balance between flexibility and torsional stiffness. This property allows them to adapt to variable loads while still providing the necessary rigidity for efficient power transmission.
Durable Materials and Designs: Manufacturers produce flexible couplings from durable materials like stainless steel, aluminum, or engineered elastomers. These materials ensure that the couplings can withstand varying operating conditions, including temperature fluctuations, harsh environments, and high loads.
Dynamic Behavior: Flexible couplings have a dynamic behavior that enables them to operate smoothly and efficiently under changing loads and speeds. They can handle variations in rotational speed and torque while maintaining consistent performance.
Application Flexibility: Flexible couplings find applications in a wide range of industries, from automotive and aerospace to industrial and marine. Their versatility allows them to accommodate variable operating conditions and loads in different systems.
Summary: Flexible couplings are well-suited for applications with variable operating conditions and loads. Their ability to compensate for misalignment, absorb shocks and vibrations, and handle thermal expansion make them reliable components in mechanical systems. The availability of various coupling designs and materials allows for the selection of the appropriate coupling based on the specific application requirements, ensuring optimal performance and longevity in variable conditions.
Can flexible couplings accommodate both radial and axial loads simultaneously?
Yes, flexible couplings are designed to accommodate both radial and axial loads simultaneously, making them versatile for various mechanical systems. The ability to handle these loads is one of the key advantages of using flexible couplings in power transmission applications. Here’s how they manage both types of loads:
- Radial Loads: Radial loads act perpendicular to the shaft’s axis and can arise from forces that are not in line with the shaft, such as belt tension or bearing loads. Flexible couplings can handle radial loads due to their flexibility and ability to bend or deform slightly, redistributing the radial forces and minimizing the impact on the connected equipment.
- Axial Loads: Axial loads act along the shaft’s axis and are common in applications with thrust forces or axial movements. Flexible couplings can accommodate axial loads through their axial flexibility, allowing slight axial displacement without transmitting excessive forces to the connected components.
- Angular Misalignment: Besides radial and axial loads, flexible couplings can also handle angular misalignment between the shafts. Angular misalignment occurs when the shafts are not perfectly aligned, and flexible couplings can compensate for this misalignment, reducing wear and stress on the connected machinery.
By accommodating both radial and axial loads, flexible couplings help prevent premature wear, reduce the risk of equipment damage, and contribute to smoother and more efficient power transmission. When selecting a flexible coupling for an application, it is essential to consider the expected radial and axial loads, as well as the required level of misalignment compensation to ensure optimal performance and longevity of the coupling and the connected equipment.
How does a flexible coupling protect connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations?
Flexible couplings play a crucial role in protecting connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations by providing damping and isolation capabilities. When machines or mechanical systems experience sudden shock loads or vibrations, the flexible coupling acts as a buffer, absorbing and dissipating the impact, thereby reducing the transmitted forces and protecting the equipment. Here’s how flexible couplings achieve this:
- Damping of Vibrations: Flexible couplings are often made from materials that exhibit damping properties. When vibrations are transmitted through the shafts, the flexible coupling’s material can absorb a portion of the vibrational energy, converting it into heat. This dissipation of energy helps reduce the amplitude of the vibrations and prevents them from propagating further into the connected equipment.
- Vibration Isolation: In addition to damping vibrations, flexible couplings also offer a degree of vibration isolation. They are designed to decouple the two shafts, which means that vibrations occurring on one shaft are not directly transmitted to the other shaft. This isolation effect prevents vibrations from propagating across the entire system and minimizes the impact on sensitive equipment or nearby components.
- Shock Absorption: When the connected machinery experiences sudden shock loads, such as during a startup or abrupt changes in load, the flexible coupling can act as a shock absorber. The coupling’s design allows it to deform slightly under the impact, absorbing and distributing the shock energy. This prevents the shock from being directly transferred to the connected equipment, reducing the risk of damage or premature wear.
- Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings are capable of compensating for misalignment between the shafts. Misalignment can lead to additional stresses and vibrations in the system. By allowing for some degree of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment, the flexible coupling reduces the forces transmitted to the connected equipment and the supporting structures.
- Reduction of Resonance Effects: Resonance is a phenomenon that occurs when the natural frequency of a system matches the frequency of external vibrations, leading to amplified vibrations. Flexible couplings can help avoid resonance effects by altering the system’s natural frequency and providing some level of flexibility that damps the resonance response.
By incorporating a flexible coupling into the drivetrain or power transmission system, equipment manufacturers and operators can significantly improve the reliability and longevity of connected machinery. The coupling’s ability to dampen vibrations, isolate shocks, and compensate for misalignment contributes to a smoother and more stable operation, reducing maintenance requirements and enhancing overall system performance.
In summary, flexible couplings act as protective elements, shielding connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations. Their ability to dampen vibrations, isolate shocks, and compensate for misalignment contributes to a smoother and more reliable operation of various mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-08-04