- Oldham couplings are a 3 piece design comprised of 2 aluminum hubs press fit CZPT a center disk. Torque transmission is accomplished by mating the slots on the center disk to the drive tenons on the hubs. During operation the center disk slides on the tenons of each hub (which are orientated 90 apart) to transmit torque.
- While the couplings accommodate a small amount of angular and axial misalignment, they are especially useful in applications with parallel misalignment.
- We offers oldham couplings in set screw or clamp styles with bores ranging from 4mm to 35mm. Inch and metric hubs (set screw, clamp style, keyed, or keyless) are interchangeable and can be combined into a single coupling as long as they have the same outside diameter. Oldham coupling hubs are standard in black anodized aluminum for improved lubricity, increased life, and low inertia. Hubs are also available in stainless steel CZPT request for increased corrosion resistance.
- Ideal for many light duty industrial and motion control applications, oldham couplings have the ability to protect more expensive machinery components.
- For example the oldham coupling acts as a torque limiter during overload. When the disk fails, it breaks cleanly and does not allow any transmission of power.
- Oldham couplings also have the advantage of electrical isolation due to the non-conductive nature of the center disk.
- This prevents electrical currents from being passed to delicate instruments which can cause inaccurate data readings or damage.
- High absorption capacity of radial misaligment
- They do not produce kinematic errors in transmission
- Elimination of loads on shaft
- Mechanical protection against excessive torque
- Replaceable disc
1. We have first-class testing equipment to detect linear guide various data parameters and control the quality of the linear guide.Whenever linear guides must first detected whether the quality is qualified and the unqualified linear guide will be eliminated directly.So we can get the trust of a large customer, and supply them for several years.
2. We have our own R & D capabilities, to help customers solve the problem of non-standard linear guides.We can also according to customer requirements change their own mark.
3. Price, our manufacture ensure that our prices across China are quite competitive.It is better for you to compare prices and quality among suppliers.But everyone knows you can not buy the highest quality products with the lowest price,but our product is the best quailty if you use equal price.
1. When can I get the quotation ?
We usually quote within 24 hours after we get your inquiry. If you are very urgent to get the price,please call us or tell us in your email so that we will regard your inquiry priority.
2. How can I get a sample to check your quality ?
After price confirmed,sample order is available to check our quality.
3. What is your main products ?
Linear motion systems,like lead screws, flexible coupling,Miniature linear guide rails,ball screws,linear rod shaft,ceramic bearings …etc. But also CNC machining centers and CNC machinable tooling boards.
4. Could you get a better price on your products ?
Yes,you can.We will give the best price on all of the products you need,which can help you to compete other companies in your markets.
5. What is the strength of your company ?
We have a engineer team,who have well experienced on product’s and machine designs.We can help you to solve the problems you meet.
Welcome to inquiry US!
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Structure:||Rigid and Flexible|
What Is a Coupling?
A coupling is a device that connects two shafts together. It transmits power from one to the other and is used to join rotating equipment. It can also allow for some degree of misalignment and end movement. It is used in mechanical engineering and manufacturing. To learn more about couplings, read this article.
Mechanical connection between two objectsThe present invention relates to a method and assembly for forming a mechanical connection between two objects. The methods of this invention are suitable for connecting both solid and hollow objects. For example, the method can be used to make mechanical connections between two cylinders. This method is particularly useful for connecting two cylinders that are positioned near each other.
A coupling insert is a part of a vehicle’s drivetrain that absorbs vibrations. These inserts are designed to prevent couplings from moving out of phase. However, the coupling inserts themselves can wear out and need to be replaced. Universal joints are an alternative if the coupling is out of phase by more than one degree. In addition, internal bearings in the coupling need to be lubricated and replaced when they begin to show signs of wear.
Another embodiment of the invention includes a flexible coupling 25 that includes rearwardly-extending lugs that extend toward the coupling member 23. These lugs interdigitate with corresponding lugs on the coupling member 23. They are spaced circumferentially. A first elastic member 28 is interposed between lugs 26 and 27, and is adapted to yield in a counterclockwise direction. As a result, it absorbs torsional vibrations.
Blocks heat transfer
Thermal coupling occurs when a solid block is thermally coupled to the air or fluid passing through it. The amount of heat transferred through a solid block depends on the heat transfer coefficients of the materials. This paper presents a numerical model to understand how heat transfers through different block materials. This work also describes the thermal resistance network for a one-dimensional block.
In some cases, thermal coupling increases the heat transfer mechanism. As illustrated in FIG. 1D, a heatpipe coupler 112 couples two heatpipes 110-1 and 110-2. This configuration allows the pipes to be coupled to the heat source and to the condenser. In addition, the heat pipe couplers may have bellows at the ends to help facilitate linear motion.
Thermal coupling is achieved by ensuring that at least one block is made of a material with a lower thermal expansion coefficient than the annulus. Ideally, the block’s mean thermal expansion coefficient is at least twenty percent lower than the annulus’s mean thermal expansion coefficient. This ensures that the thermal coupling between the two parts is as efficient as possible.
Another type of thermal coupling is achieved by using flexible elements. These are often washers or springs. These components allow the blocks to maintain physical contact with the post 55, which means that the heat transfer is more efficient even at higher temperatures. The flexibility of these elements also makes it possible to choose an element that will not impede assembly.
Protects rotating equipment
A reliable, long-lasting coupling system can reduce the risk of damage to rotating equipment. Designed to protect against torque overload and wear, Voith torque-limiting couplings provide outstanding safety and reliability. As a result, they can deliver maximum performance and minimize equipment downtime. In addition to their long-term benefits, these solutions are ideal for applications where safety and reliability are of paramount importance.
A good coupling provides many advantages, including the ability to transmit power, compensate for axial movement, and absorb shock. It is essential to choose the proper coupling for your application based on the basic conditions of your rotating equipment. For example, if you have two shafts with parallel rotation axes, you should choose a parallel coupling. Otherwise, you should use an angular coupling.
Torque-limiting couplings can also provide protection for rotating equipment by disengaging at a specific torque level. This protects the drive shaft from undergoing catastrophic failure. Torque limiters are particularly helpful for high-value equipment. By preventing catastrophic failure, you can avoid expensive repairs and minimize equipment downtime.
Coupling guards are easy to install and provide effective protection for rotating equipment. These covers are made of sheet metal bent to fit over the shaft. They are durable and easy to remove when necessary. This type of guard can prevent employees from catching their hands, tools, or loose clothing on motor coupling components.
editor by CX 2023-04-24